The following is a sample or suggested portfolio from a Platinum member. One ETF has been in existence for a short time and that is why I am not examining the data over a three- or five-year period. Below is the Dashboard and Correlation Matrix.
The Encore section of the January 14 Wall Street Journal points out that many people are behind on their preparations for retirement.
- 67% of workers say they are behind schedule in planning and saving for retirement. These folks violated The Golden Rule of Investing.
- One 58% of works say they or their spouse are currently saving for later life. Perhaps the middle class has fallen so far behind they don’t have extra money to save.
- 60% of workers age 55-plus have less then $100,000 in savings and investments, excluding home equity and pensions. This is not going to last long.
- 46% of people in their 50s have a written plan for retirement. This is a positive start.
- 61% of people in their 50s say they see the need to “significantly cut back on spending. Another positive signal, but one that will have a negative impact on the U.S. economy.
- 71% of pre-retirees say they would prefer delaying the age they begin collecting Social Security so they can receive higher payments.
Platinum members tracing the Gauss Portfolio will want to pay attention to the changes in the TLH Spreadsheet and the asset allocation plan for the Gauss. In addition, a Piotroski stock was sold from the portfolio as it dropped below a High F-Score of seven (7).