With the start of a new year, it is a good idea to establish some goals or resolutions. We want to be able to keep these resolutions and many on the list below are not new to readers of ITA Wealth Management. So let us begin.
2. Pay off credit card debt.
3. Establish a savings plan. Follow the Golden Rule of Investing.
4. Make the decision whether you want to manage your own money or pay a fee based advisor.
5. Seriously consider whether you are better off using index vehicles or picking individual stocks. Do some serious research on this topic.
6. Read several of our Top Investment books before launching your investment plan. Begin your investment education.
7. Turn off CNBC and other financial advertising services. They do not have your best investing interests in the game.
8. Think through your asset allocation plan. Keep it simple as you learn.
9. Learn how to monitor your portfolio. We recommend taking the time to learn how to use the TLH spreadsheet. There is a lot to learn.
10. Be patient through good and poor market conditions. Invest for the long run.
11. Understand how return and risk are linked together.
12. Keep expenses as low as possible.
13. Take out an ITA Wealth Management Platinum subscription and then read it regularly.
Photograph: Winchester, England
Platinum subscription is available for $5.00 per month. Learn how to construct and monitor your portfolio.