What is the motivation for writing this blog? Here are a few reasons.
- I wanted to learn how blogs work, and there seemed no better way than to set one up.
- Writing this blog required me to dig into academic papers I filed away years ago.
- I wanted to pass on what I learned from fifty years of investing. This investing journey took me from knowing nothing about investments, to working for years with mutual funds, on to learning how to analyze individual stocks, and finally to portfolio management. This blog should save you a few of those steps.
- The investment philosophy of this blog runs counter to at least 85% to 90% of the investment advice you will encounter through the media. Most of what you hear and read has no foundation in financial research. This blog is designed to counter popular investing trends.
- Investment vehicles, not available fifteen years ago, are now plentiful. Take advantage of them. Learn how with a Platinum membership.
Photograph: Old Hilltop Hotel in Harpers Ferry, West Virginia